Testoheal gel is a product produced by Healing Pharma which contains Testosterone suspended in a gel. This form of Testosterone is commonly used in medicine to treat hypogonadism in men (low testosterone levels). Testosterone gel was created to give these patients an increase in their testosterone levels without the need for injections. It is also used by people of the sports world for the same reason.
Testosterone in the form of a gel has the following benefits:
- No need for injections
- A more uniform flow of testosterone into the blood
- Improved sexual function (desire, motivation and sexual activity)
- Heightened mood
- Increased muscle strength
- Improved body structure
Dosages and administration
The recommended starting dose of testosterone gel is 5g per day, and this provides a standard 5mg per day (1%) systemic testosterone dose. Serum testosterone levels should be monitored consistently to ensure that you are using the correct dose. If the serum testosterone concentration is below the normal range or if the desired clinical response is not achieved, the dose may be increased from 5g to 7.5-10g per day.
Testosterone gel is recommended to be applied early in the morning to intact dry skin. It is recommended that you wash your hands thoroughly after applying the gel. Application areas should be washed with soap and water if you are about to come into bodily contact with another person.
Testosterone gel does have some negatives; they include:
- Potential to cause adverse skin reactions.
- Testosterone gel can potentially smudge on anyone who comes in contact with you, although transmission is usually insignificant once the gel is dry.
- Accumulation of water in the body.
- Unwanted hair growth.
- Irritation and over-aggression.
Some symptoms, such as irritability, nervousness, weight gain, excessively long or frequent erections, may indicate that the dose is too high. In this case, consult a specialist for advice.