There is no sport that comes without pain. Here, we are talking about that muscle pain that is more often gratifying than regretful. After all, it is believed that this is the body’s reaction to high-quality training. However, pain is not always physiological. There are times when the pain indicates real problems within the body.
How and why do the muscles hurt?
- Lactic acid
Formed from glucose, in the normal state of the body, it quickly moves from the muscles into the blood and from there, to the liver. With excessive loads, this acid accumulates in the muscles.
Its acidic component hydrogen causes a burning sensation in the muscle fibers. A person feels pain already in the process of training. This is a stop signal. The body requires a break until the excess lactic acid is excreted, which occurs during the day.
- Microtrauma of the muscles
Delayed pain appears the day after class and indicates that you have overdone it and caused too much stress to the muscle. Also, a similar phenomenon is observed in beginners and with long intervals between workouts.
These micro-traumas are not dangerous, they force the body to activate defenses to repair damage and to synthesize proteins. After 3 days, the pain will subside.
- High muscle reactivity
It is caused by excessive sensitivity of muscle nerves to stress and a violation of the water-salt balance. As a result, during training, in addition to the pain, it can also constrict the muscles that is, convulsions appear.
In these cases, the nature of the pain is similar. Muscle tone is felt and the pain increases with movement. But to reduce this main along with shortening the recovery time, many athletes use training aids to help them to progress faster and recover much faster. These include Anadrol and Primobolan, or Sustanon and Anavar. These combined substance work well in tandem and can promote faster healing which will result in less pain.
If the limbs ache constantly and seem to be constrained, they hurt somehow abnormally, uncharacteristic for ordinary sensations after physical exertion, then the reasons lie in pathology.
It may turn out to be:
- Sprains of muscles and ligaments;
- Bruises or injuries;
- Diseases of the joints or blood vessels.
If you suspect injury or illness, you should stop exercising and see a doctor. If you have any pre-existing injuries, adding in some NPP (Nandrolone Phenylpropionate) into your workout aid substances can help to protect vital areas where pain occurs such as the joints, ligaments or tendons. You can find these substances within our online sports pharmacology store with further details on their great uses.
Muscle pain lasting more than 3 days should also be paid close attention to, as this is not normal muscle pain.
Fiber micro-trauma stimulates protein synthesis, which allows you to gain more muscle mass. This property of the body is used by bodybuilders. For them, pain is the goal.
How to accelerate the removal of lactic acid?
To get rid of muscle soreness after exercise, these are the following methods:
- Hitch. If you feel pain in the muscles during training, stretch for these muscle groups or work out the antagonist muscles – for 10 minutes at a moderate pace on an elliptical or stationary bike, a stepper. In general, a cool down is one of the most effective ways to reduce muscle soreness after exercise. More about warm up and hitch read the related articles.
- Lactic acid will go away faster from the muscles if you continue to move after training and the next day. Let it be a walk or a light run, not swimming.
- Whether it is self-massage or professional – in any case, it will help to restore strength faster, remove excess muscle tone and stimulate the excretion of acid from muscle structures. However, you should be careful with massage. Active sports massage is used by athletes to exacerbate muscle breakdown immediately after exercise, resulting in an even greater super fiber compensation effect. For recovery, it is better not to resort to deep massage, but limiting yourself to rubbing.
- Cold and hot shower. By taking it immediately after class, you will experience instant relief. The duration of the procedure is 10 minutes, and a relaxing bath should be taken during the recession of pain, after 2-3 days after training. Half an hour of rest in warm water with salt and aromatic oils will relieve muscle tension and reduce inflammation.
- Warming up procedures. A bath or a heating pad will become a logical conclusion to health-improving activities, again after the onset of pain relief.
- Pharmacy products. Pain relieving ointments and gels are a measure for those who want a quick, effortless effect. You can also take pain relievers and anti-inflammatory drugs, but it is better to wait 2-3 days and not burden the liver.
Prevention of muscle pain
To prevent you being caught by surprise by the pain, it makes sense to prepare for it in advance.
Activities that can significantly reduce post-workout pain:
- Eat a watermelon! Drinking watermelon an hour before class and an hour after it promotes the fastest elimination of uric acid from the body;
- Pure water. Take it with you to class, drink after, toxins will leave the body faster, the water-salt balance will be normal;
- Cardio workouts. Combining the usual activities with this type of exercise, you will increase blood circulation, enrich the body with oxygen, recovery and metabolic processes will accelerate;
- Fish oil and flaxseed oil. As biologically active food additives, they strengthen the immune system and eliminate inflammation in the muscles;
- Alternating workouts. Replace many reps and heavy weights with smaller reps and low weights, and vice versa;
- The optimal workout time is 45 minutes. Above this, the body experiences stress even at the hormonal level;
- 8-hour sleep. Affects the general condition of the body and the restoration of muscle fibers in particular.
There is no achievement without pain. The main thing is to recognize the nature of the pain and to understand whether it is good or bad. And remember, that a quality workout is not a survival test, but a smart way to stay fit.